Senior Internal Auditor - Seattle or US Remote
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Internal Auditor to support the planning and execution of operational audits. As a member of the Global Internal Audit (GIA) team, you will work on a variety of audits across different jurisdictions and will evaluate internal controls, and identify potential risks and opportunities for improvement. You will also work on a more frequent basis with your fellow GIA team members to help support integrated audits. You will report to the Sr Manager of Operational Audits. This is a remote-friendly role. #LI-Remote
- Support the periodic refresh of the Global Internal Audit risk assessment
- Plan and manage audits from the annual audit plan
- Determine the scope and approach based on the nature of GIA service e.g., audit vs assessment
- Develop and implement new audit policies, methodologies, and testing procedures, including automation and continuous monitoring
- Prepare audit reports and communicate findings and recommendations to management
- Track audit issues, initiate follow-up actions, create open findings reporting for past-due issues, and work closely with leaders to ensure all audit issues are resolved timely
- Support all IA pillars during annual SOX testing and for IT and Compliance integrated audits
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of regulations and required processes applicable to Remitly
- 4+ years' of experience in internal or external auditing, with at least 2 years in internal audit at a fintech, complex retail/consumer financial services, bank, payment services organization, or regulatory agency
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, information systems, or computer science
- One or more of the following professional certifications are required: CIA, CISA, CFE, CPA, CAMS, CFCS
- Experience working with and leveraging different frameworks e.g., COSO, NIST, COBIT
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, CFPB, PCI, and GDPR regulations
- Experience using data analytics for audits
- Strong consultation, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and execute multiple topics/issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing communications in a manner that adapts to the audience
- Experience in using AuditBoard or working with other Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Flexible time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $88,000-$110,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.